You may have big goals, but do you have the passion and the game plan to bring them to life? Success usually requires a road map, a strategy, but it also calls for an overwhelming drive.
Try testing yourself with these questions:
- Do you feel strongly about the importance of your goal? Why is it necessary to achieve?
- Does your goal idea match your values and beliefs?
- Is this something you’ve dreamed about for a long time? Has it been on your list for a relatively long time?
- Is your goal vital to the future of people you care about? Is your goal going to positively effect those around you?
- Does your goal get you excited when you think about it and share it with others? How passionate are you about it?
- Is it realistic and attainable? Are you sincerely convinced that your goals can be achieved?
- Are you willing to put your credibility on the line for it?
- Can you make your goal the primary focus of your activities?
- Are you willing to devote your personal time—evenings, weekends, vacations—to bring your goal to reality?
- Will you be able to reject criticism and negativity?
- Are you committed to the long term as you work toward your goals?
Click here for more career resources!