Spring is here! That means it’s time to get rid of the clutter and refresh. If you’re working from home like me, it feels like it’s easier to build up clutter because you’re in the comfort of your own home where no one can judge you. But having a clean and organized workspace will give you more peace of mind—not to mention, you’ll find yourself being more productive. I’ve created a list that will help you clean your home office so you can enjoy your space and get more done.
1. Divide your workspace into sections.
- Notepads, pens, electronics, documents, sanitizer/lotion, and miscellaneous items
2. Only keep items on your desk that you reach for daily.
- 2-3 pens, highlighters, computer, keyboard, water bottle, and note pad
3. Clean out your drawers and insert some organizers; you can even label each drawer if you need to.
- Visit your local discount store for organizers—no need to spend $20 on one
4. Throw out old pens, random papers, folders, and random office supplies you really don’t reach for.
- There’s no need to keep anything that doesn’t work or takes up valuable desk space
5. Keep disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer nearby, clean often!
- Wiping down your desk regularly will encourage you to keep less clutter.
6. Organize your computer desktop because it gets cluttered too!
- Create folders, organize accordingly, and clear out old files you no longer need.
7. Keep cables cleaned up.
- There are many options for controlling all those random cables. Bread clips are a cheap option if you don’t want to buy any.
8. Use a shelf to store your planner, books, notebooks, or folders.
- If you really want to get organized, do it by color or in alphabetical order.
9. Use canned air to clean your keyboard and get rid of crumbs that fall in between small crevices.
- This is a holy grail item for me; I’m at how much it cleans out of my keyboard when I use it.
10. Ensure everything has a designated space.
- If you know exactly where everything belongs, its much quicker to keep tidy. But if you don’t have space for it, you probably don’t need it.
Annette has been with AurStaff since September 1995. She began as a part-time Recruiter and has worked her way up to Senior Account Manager. She enjoys the satisfaction of taking a great candidate and placing them with a great client and seeing it grow into a successful placement for both. In Annette’s spare time, she enjoys boating and camping with her family.