The most effective work teams have a mix of personalities. When you’re forming a team for your next project or task force, look for one or more of these types of team players:
- The Leader. This person makes sure everyone understands the objectives and that all team members are committed to the task at hand.
- The Challenger. This team member is not afraid to question ineffective techniques or strategies and is always trying to improve the team.
- The Organizer. This one is great for getting the team back on track after a distraction and for making sure people stay focused on the immediate task at hand.
- The Thinker. This team member carefully considers other members’ ideas and seeks to improve them.
- The Supporter. This person is great for easing tensions and for making sure that team members maintain good working relationships with each other and the rest of your organization.